Please take time to complete this short survey. There are big changes coming for Fashionably Royal, and we would like you to be a part of that! There are only 9 questions, so it should take no more than a couple of minutes of your time. Thank you!!
Auction houses like Sotheby’s and Christie’s are known for auctioning off exquisite and expensive jewelry, much of which comes from royal or noble families. This particular tiara, called the Murat Tiara, was sold in May 2012 via Sotheby’s for $3,864,318 USD.
In case you missed it, here’s a recap of this week’s posts:
On this day in royal history:
- Anne Stuart, who was the sister of Mary II, became Queen regnant of England, Scotland, and Ireland on this day in 1702.
- The Treaty of Roskilde was concluded on this day in 1658, forcing the King of Denmark-Norway Frederick III to give up almost half of his land to Sweden.
- King Oscar I ascended the throne of Sweden and Norway in 1844.
- The Arab Kingdom of Syria was established on this day in 1920. It was the first modern Arab state to come into existence, and only lasted four months.
1. Kate wore the pink version of this Emilia Wickstead dress to the Diamond Jubilee luncheon and then 10 days later with a Jane Corbett hat to a garden party in 2012.
2. Sophie wore the red version for a visit to the Leeds Children’s Hospital in 2013.
On this day in royal history, Princess Sophie of Prussia was born in 1978 and Prince Umberto of Savoy-Aosta was born in 2009.
Photo credits: AP, Getty
The Duchess of Cambridge is well known around the world for her sense of style. I’ve gone through the clothes she’s worn since becoming engaged to Prince William, and thought for today’s post we’ll begin a two part series of style tips from the Duchess.
1. Wear what makes you comfortable.
The Duchess of Cambridge is known for her love of her nude L.K. Bennett heels. Many in the fashion world are sick of them, but they’re obviously comfortable, and that’s what matters.
On February 25, Crown Princess Mary attended the premiere of “Man siger ikke nej til Asger!”, a documentary about Asger Jorn, a well-known Danish artist, for his 100th birthday.
I love the top and I love the skirt, but I don’t love them together. I do, however, love the new Gianvito Rossi shoes.
Photo Credits: Billed Bladet