Since Princess Madeleine is getting married this weekend, I thought it would be nice to take a look at one of the wedding traditions of the Swedish Royal Family, Queen Josephine’s Cameo Tiara, and it’s accompanying parure.
- 150th anniversary of Sophie Children’s Hospital – May 22, 2013
- Inauguration of a new professor at the University of Utrecht – May 22, 2013
- Meeting with Deputy Secretary-General of the UN – May 23, 2013
- Visit to Luxembourg – May 24, 2013
- Visit to Groningen and Drenthe provinces – May 28, 2013
- Opening Floretti College – May 29, 2013
- Visiting Gelderland province on a tour of the Netherlands – May 30, 2013
Very typical for Queen Max. That red outfit, though I don’t like it at all, brings back a wonderful childhood memory of yours truly, of walking around Disney World with Snow White. That’s one of my favorite memories of my childhood, so I can only imagine how this little girl will look back on that moment, walking around with a real Queen, with a smile.
Photo Credits: ANP ROYAL IMAGES MARCEL ANTONISSE, Dutch Photo Press, Michel Porro/Getty Images Europe
I apologize again for the lateness of these posts. My internet is still acting crazy, and all my pictures are on my laptop, so I can’t post from my phone. But it’s working now, and hopefully it will continue to work!!
Now, let’s finish our fashion recaps for the month of May (and then hopefully on to the posts I had planned for last week leading up to Princess Madeleine’s wedding), shall we?
- Meeting Ice Hockey World Champion team – May 20
- Annual meeting of the Friends of Nordiska Museet and Skansen – May 20
- Release of Princess Estelle’s Prayer Book – May 22
- Enskilda Upper Secondary School’s 100th anniversary celebrations – May 22
- OECD environmental conference – May 23
- Visit to the Italian Cultural Center, Stockholm, wearing Missoni – May 23
- WWF’s annual meeting in Stockholm – May 25
- Handing out the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award – May 27
- Receiving the President of Indonesia and his wife at the Royal Palace – May 28
I am almost in love with her outfit for Princess Estelle’s Prayer Book release, but the shoes do not belong with such a light and airy look. While I love the green dress and the blue skirt/blouse combos, the matching shoes are overkill. I do, however love the Missoni dress (the shoes don’t bother me as much as they probably should) and the outfit worn for receiving the Indonesian President and his wife.
Photo Credits: Action Press, PictureDesk, aftonbladet se, BestImage, Maja Suslin/ SCANPIX, PurePeople