- Princess Mathilde Awards 2013 – May 3, 2013
- Opening session of 6th conference of Belgian cooperation development – May 3, 2013
- Visit to IOC headquarters in Switzerland – May 13, 2013
- Opening of extension of Technopolis, Xplora, and Inspirience – May 17, 2013
Eh. They’re either unflattering, boring, or too matchy-matchy.
Photo Credits: Abaca, Paul Van Welden, PurePeople, Semana.es
- In South Africa – May 7, 2013
- Femme de L’annee Awards 2013 (love the shoes!)– May 7, 2013
- White Feather Charity Ball, opening night of Italian Luxury Club at Zelos – May 10, 2013
- Inauguration of secondary school for vocational training – May 13, 2013
- “Golden Cord” dinner – May 15, 2013
- “A Pignata” and “Snoezelen Room – Senior Animation” – May 16, 2013
- Wearing long sleeve Dior Spring 2013 cashmere top and Pre-Fall 2013 dress to the Dior Cruise Collection 2013 Show in Monaco with (B) Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo – May 18, 2013
- Dior Cruise Cocktail Event, wearing Dior Cruise 2014 dress just hours after it hit the runway – May 18, 2013
I don’t like the Dior Cruise dress she wore to the cocktail event, but it’s my favorite by default because A) I’m not a fan of any of the other outfits and B) it has color!
Photo Credits: BestImage, Getty, Lehtikuva, Palais Princier de Monaco, AP, PurePeople
- Day 1 of visit to US – May 5, 2013
- Day 2 of visit to US – May 6, 2013
- Day 3 of visit to US – May 7, 2013
- Day 4 of visit to US – May 8, 2013
- Day 5 of visit to US – May 9, 2013
- National Day – May 17, 2013
Also a typical month so far from M-M. That yellow dress sparked pregnancy rumors, but she’s worn it before a few years back and it looked the same way, so I think it’s just unfortunate pleating.
Photo Credits: Abaca, DPP, Getty, Lehtikuva, PurePeople
- Day 1 of visit to Vastragotland – May 2, 2013
- Day 2 of visit to Vastragotland – May 3, 2013
- Celebrating Prince Carl Philip’s 34th birthday on a private yacht – May 13, 2013
- Opening of “Princess Estelle – Birth and Christening” exhibit at Strombholm Palace wearing a Mayla dress – May 15, 2013
- Allmanna Sangen’s 50th anniversary concert – May 18, 2013
- Publishing the banns of marriage for Princess Madeleine’s wedding to Chris O’Neill – May 19, 2013
Typical Victoria for the most part. But that pink dress! It’s so bright but I love it!
Photo credits: Aftonbladet.se, BestImage, Expressen.se, Kungahuset.se, PurePeople, Scanpix, Svenskam.se
- Celebrating King Carl Gustaf’s 67th birthday – April 30, 2013 (I missed this one when I did April outfits on my tumblr)
- Out and about with Chris O’Neill in New York – May 7, 2013
- Out and about with Chris O’Neill in New York – May 8, 2013
- Visit to The Castle Clinton National Monument in NYC – May 8, 2013
- Celebration of the 375th anniversary of the establishment on New Sweden wearing Marchesa – May 12, 2013
- Out and about in Stockholm with Chris O’Neill – May 16, 2013
- Publishing the banns of marriage for her wedding to Chris O’Neill – May 19, 2013
That gown! That may be my favorite of the month. It’s going to be seriously hard to beat. The dress worn for the publishing of the banns of marriage is a little weh weh to me. It would be so lovely if it had been in a different fabric. And that bow is a little too twee for my tastes.
Photo Credits: Aftonbladet.se, BestImage, Expressen.se, Lehtikuva, PurePeople, Scanpix, Slaven Vlasic/Getty
- Visit to St. Albans – May 2, 2013
- Royal Windsor Horse Show – May 10, 2013
- Attending a performance of the Central School of Ballet in Paris, wearing the Emilia Wickstead dress she wore to the Luxembourg wedding last October – May 14, 2013
My favorite is the first outfit she wore. I love the color, I love the detail at the neckline, and I love the zipper/stripe/thing going down the side. (Also, how adorable is that kid?!)
Photo Credits: AP, Bauer Griffin, Julio Piatti, UK in France Flickr photostream
- 75th Anniversary of the DEMA – May 2, 2013
- Opening the experience zone – “Sea in action” – May 16, 2013
- Prince Nikolai’s confirmation – May 18, 2013
I’m loving outfit for Nikolai’s confirmation. So prim and proper! And also, the event brought some awws from me:
Prince Joachim’s ex-wife and current-wife. Sigh. I love it.
Photos: AP, Getty, PPE, Kungehuset.dk/Steen Brogaard
- Leaving the palace the day after the Investiture ceremony – May 1, 2013
- Laying a wreath on Dam Square for Remembrance Day – May 4, 2013
- Freedom Concert – May 5, 2013
- Annual meeting of CGAP – May 15, 2013
- Appeltjes van Oranje award ceremony – May 16, 2013
- Attending a dinner wearing Gucci – May 16, 2013
A very Maxima month so far, yes? I’m actually liking the orange peplum worn to the Appeltjes van Oranje award ceremony. Yes, she has a matching bright orange clutch, but at least she’s not wearing bright orange shoes and jewelry! And I’m wondering if that Gucci number there at the end is a nod to Princess Beatrix? We all know she loves a large sleeve detail…
Photo Credits: DPP, Michael Porro/Getty
I’ve decided to take a break from Tumblr, and try again with this blog. I’m going to have some of the same types of posts as I did previously, with some other features thrown in occasionally. I’ll try to get back in the swing of things next week. My brother’s baseball team has made the State Championship, plus I still have a couple weeks left of work before the summer, so please bear with me as I get things ready for this blog to move forward.
Anyway, hope you guys stick around and enjoy some royal blogging! (And if I get behind, please email me or tweet me! Sometimes I need motivation to finish a post…)
I apologize again for the lack of posts, but this is currently my life:
I-haven’t-even-counted-how-many somewhere around maybe thirty stacks of 27 papers each that need to be graded and recorded. Then those three books under the “record book” on the side there? I have to read the Reading story and the History lessons for the next week and plan accordingly. This is my life for the next few weeks, at the very least, and this is why I haven’t had time to make any new posts.
Why am I saying all this?
Because this is going to continue for the next few weeks, so I just wanted to let you guys know that I really do have a reason that I’m not posting. Sorry, my loves!! I’ll try to post when I can!